Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's Time!!

Well, the car is packed and it's ready to go. All I need to do is finish cleaning the house later today. Allan said he will clean again when he comes home from Mexico in preparation of his new roommate, but I am planning on making it a little easier.

Today, my cousin Matt came over and helped me finish packing and cramming stuff into the car. I can not believe how much stuff I have...it's horrible. He took me out to dinner and Angie came as well. During dinner we decided we would leave today (Saturday) instead of Sunday. She doesn't have anything going on and neither so I. That just means 1 more day of warm weather for her.

I received so many calls and text messages from people I haven't talked to in while...all of which thought they were slick and gonna get a piece of me...sorry guys...I am not that girl. You all got it wrong. It's funny how they all start calling the minute they know I'm leaving like it's gonna make me wanna see them. The ex even called...and it's partly him that prompted the move to Vegas. Was I suppose to run over to see him after he tore my heart out?? No thanks.

I did respond to one message I received and me and Angie went up to the bar to see a guy I used to date. We had a good time and saw a few unexpected people. Once the word got out that it was my last night in town, a few people bought me drinks...hence why I am writing instead of sleeping.

I am nervous about the move, but I don't know why. So far, everything that it really important has fallen into place, so why should I think anything differently? I am scared of change, I can admit that. I am comfortable in my place in the world, and here I am, changing everything that I know. My job, the family and friends that surround me and my life as a whole. But I truly believe that this is for the best. The scariest part is that I have never truly left my mom, and I don't know how I am going to handle it. She is my life. When she was diagnosed with a terminal illness, it was the end of my world. But knowing that she is stable will help me. She is my strength and I can not wait to show her that I can make it on my own....away from here!!

Besides my family members, I am going to miss Allan. He has been my rock and best friend for forever. It's like I almost don't remember life before Allan. We have been through so much during our friendship and I wouldn't change a thing. He left me move into his room once my bedroom furniture sold and I swear it has been the best of times. We have been able to talk about so much in these past few weeks...which I don't think we would have if I wasn't sleeping next to him. Like I already said he is my rock and my best friend and nothing could ever change that. A friend like him only comes around once...and most don't even realize when that person is there. Ask him how we met, and you will laugh at the story. I will miss him so much and I am already counting the days until his trip to Vegas.

To the rest of you....you have held a special place in my heart. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the place you held in my life, whether it was good or bad. It's hard to leave so many people behind, but I know that my true friends will keep in touch. Like I heard from one....moving may be the best thing I have ever done...I hope so and I am trusting that she is right. It worked in her family so I pray it works for me.

I may not be able to write for the next few days, but know that I will update you once in Vegas.

I love you all and will miss the moments we have shared. Please keep in touch..whether it's through phone, email or facebook. The worst thing that could happen is that you miss all of our times together. And seriously, everyone goes to Vegas, so get in touch with me and I will show you the fabulous town.

Good night all!! My next post will either be half way to Vegas or in Vegas. Again thank you for the spot you held in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment