Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lots of stuff going on today....

Oh where do I even begin with all that has happened today.

WORK
Today I had a nice sit down lunch with my director from Tubman. We went to a Thai restaurant and it was amazing. Junauld has always been one of my mentors in life, as well as my supervisor. We reminisced on some things that happened in the years that I had worked at the agency. She turned into work mode for a short time and picked my brain for some ideas on something that is going on in one of our programs. At the end of the day, really like 2:15pm because we couldn't stand to wait any longer, we had cake to celebrate my work for Tubman and my new adventure coming up. The cake was amazing, which I rarely say about cake.

When we returned to Tubman, I finished cleaning out my desk, mailbox and file cabinet. Most people are able to just pack up their stuff when they leave a job but it is very different for me. I had to create binders for the stuff I will need to successfully work for Tubman while in Vegas. Many of my resource type files were given to other staff members as it contains valuable information that took me years to put together. I also put together a file folder with for the person who is taking over my position.

That person, by the way, was chosen today. I was involved in the first interview of candidates for my position, but other staff members completed the second interviews today. We had received quite a few resumes for my position, but it seemed like most didn't read the actual job description as they did not even come close to meeting the qualifications. Well, anyways, during first interviews, I fell in love (not literally) with one of the candidates. She is ME meaning that she would be perfect for my position as she has a super strong passion for data and computer work. We had determined that you can teach someone how we partake in case management and crisis intervention, but you can't teach someone the data or computer knowledge needed for my position. Those who did the second interview were impressed with the candidate that I want, so I am super excited to start working with her whenever she begins.

Tomorrow is officially my last day of work. I will probably cry as it seems the clients may be up to something. They kept telling me to wait until tomorrow, so who knows what they are planning.

PACKING
So I have been procrastinating at packing the rest of my belongings and cleaning. The only room that has been completly cleaned out is my bedroom. The only reason to even go upstairs now is to put Bo's stuff in the attic. I thought that all I need to do to clean up the rest of Bo's stuff was to move a large container up to the attic, but after tonight, I now have 3 things to go up. I'm gonna have to convince Allan that I need some help- although I know that it will come with him making fun of me.

Yesterday, Angie and I repacked my trunk...which is so full that the plan is that we will not be opening it for any reason until I am in Vegas. Seeing that there was no more room in the trunk, we tried discussing what was left to go in back seat. After packing some stuff up today, there is way more than I thought. I don't know that I am going to have enough room to bring everything. There were a few things that I packed in USPS flat rate boxes as I thought of mailing them out to my new home, but changed my mind and they are in the trunk. I am thinking now, that mailing them may have been a good idea after all but it is now too late to go digging them out.

My living room has become the staging area for my stuff. In the middle of the living room floor are the bins and items that need to go in the car. On one couch are the clothes I plan wearing the next few days. The other couch is a bunch of junk I need to sort through. It was all in a bin, but since I need the bin, I just dumped everything out on the couch. And all other floor space, is a bunch of baskets and/or piles that I need to sort through. I know that I am gonna have at least one more medium bin, but I can't envision how we are gonna make this work. Before making the living room the room for everything, I had forgotten that I have a small bin and my printer in the kitchen ready to go out to car. Everything would fit, except that we need to have space for the cat and the disposable litter box.

Tomorrow my cousin Matt is coming over to help me finish pack, clean rooms and do a final walk through. He was unaware of the move until a few days ago and since I need to get this house down, he is gonna help so we can hang out and catch up.

INSURANCE/CAR STUFF
Last night I went and got my car taken care of....fluids checked and oil change. And it was on sale...which made it even better. I wasn't quite due for an oil change, but figured it would be best to do that now instead of when I get to Vegas.

So I've learned through my planning for this move that Nevada is one of the strictest states when it comes to changing your license and registering your car. Failure to do these items by their timeline can result in a $1000 fine per thing. So I started emailing around for insurance quotes, as I will need Nevada insurance before registering my car. I was not getting the kind of quotes or prices that I was hoping for, until last night. State Farm Insurance sent me a quote that seemed really low to me, so I emailed her back and asked for a quote for full coverage. She emailed me to say that the quote was for full coverage....so you could say I found my insurance company. I am hoping that she will agree to my meeting request for April 2nd.

I told my current insurance company, American Family, that I need to cancel my coverage on April 2nd and informed him that I am moving out of state. I currently have a payment due, but he told me not to send in anything at this time and to just let the policy cancel itself out due to non-payment. Since it won't affect my credit or anything like that, I might take his advice. I still plan on calling on April 2nd to see if I owe anything, but at least I don't need to worry about that this week.

All other stuff I will save for a later post. Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment