Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today is the day......

Today is the day I move to Las Vegas. It's exciting and scary at the same time.

I am super thankful for the time that I got to spend with Allan before I left. He has always been my best friend, my number one. We made many more memories these last few weeks and he made sure we took one last picture before he left to the airport. I, of course, starting crying which meant that I couldn't stop crying. He kept telling me to stop, which was making me cry more. He has always given great hugs, but todays hug was the best. I am going to miss him a ton, but I know that we will continue to talk and he will remain my best friend.

I am also super thankful to Angie for all that she has done for me in the past few months. She helped me recover from the breakup and made me see that there is a ton to do in life, even if it is just sitting around and doing nothing. I know that we are going to have a great time on our drive and during the short time she will be in Las Vegas. She has talked about moving there, and I really hope that it does happen, as she has been a positive influence on my attitude, thoughts and overall life.

I am thankful for my parents (mom and Steve) for all the support they have given me since I decided to make a new life across the country. Steve knows that he will always remain my dad as well...me moving in with my dad will not erase the relationship that built over these last 21 years. I remember the day that I told them I wanted to move to Vegas. I had spoken to Maureen a few days earlier and told her I wanted to move out there. She was supportive of the decision and of course my dad was excited to have me out there. We talked for a few days about how scared I was to talk to mom and Steve. Finally one day I came home and just said that we needed to talk about something serious. I am almost positive that their first thought was that I was going to say I was pregnant. I then told them that I thought it was time for me to leave Minnesota and that I wanted to do to my dads. They agreed that it was time for me to go. They took it alot better than I could have even imagined. I seriously think that they are the only people who thought I was actually going to follow through with the move. All others doubted me, as I have tried to make changes in my life before, but have always backed out. It is going to be weird to have to call them instead of just taking a walk down the stairs or a quick drive down the block. I'm gonna miss irritating Steve by sleeping on his couch or drinking his pop. Mom told me that the new rule is that I am not allowed to call her unless I have had a good day or I am in a good mood.

Kujo is going to be a hand full during this trip. Ms. Parker gave me some liquid called Rescue Remedy which is an all natural extract that will put the cat in a calm mood. I gave Kujo some on the day I got it and he ran away so I was unable to see how it affected him. Today I gave him some when we came downstairs because I knew the dog would get him riled up. And sure enough....it has been an experience having them both in the same house. I needed to toss Kujo's litter box and food containers so that I would be able to clean that area of the house. With those items gone, I didn't want Kujo up there anymore as I know he would still go to that corner to use the bathroom. I have given him a few more drops and now he is calm but continues to taunt the dog. We have learned that we need to keep them seperated by gates so that all they can do is stare at each other.

Lastly, I am forever greatful for those who provided me with the funding to ensure that I had enough money for gas and hotel stay along the way. Also, I received a nice notebook as a going away gift which will come in handy while writing on the road when internet is not available.

Everything this past month has been surreal. Cleaning out my locker and desk at work almost felt like a dream. Selling my belongings and bedroom furniture was an odd feeling. Hanging out with Allan as much as I have been, drinking our bottle of champagne and all our late night talks....has all been amazing. Seeing everyone at the party last week was a blast and again those I saw at the bar last night.
Well it's officially time to hit the road. Updates to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment