Monday, March 22, 2010

Work and News Today.....

I had one goal for my last week at work, which was to be on time everyday. Well, I already failed at that one but even so my day was pretty good although sad at the same time.

I feel that everyone who has come into my life has had an impact on the person I am today, but with me leaving Minnesota, there were a special few that I felt needed to know the impact that they made on me. One of those people is my Director at Tubman (Junauld). I stopped by her office this morning to give her a card and gift. I gave some of these cards and gifts to those who were at the party on Friday, and it made me tear up on Friday, so I was hoping to just drop it in her office and go. She instead had me come sit down while she read the card and opened the gift. Today was the first time she has ever hugged me, which was nice because I know that I have made an impact on her as well. Her gift was the Footprints Books that had daily scriptures in it. I felt super proud that I know her as well as I do as it was the perfect gift. Junauld and I are going to lunch on Wednesday and I believe we are also planning on working on my contract for the work I am going to do for Tubman while in Las Vegas. The moments I spent in her office this morning were sad as I know we will soon be parting ways.

The next task I needed to overcome was to talk to the clients during our house meeting. We try to do something inspirational at our house meetings so that they are able to leave the meeting with a feeling of peace and insight. For today's inspiration, I looked up the lyrics to two different songs that really mean a lot to me with this move going on. Both songs are by Lady Antebellum- I Was Here and Never Alone. We listened to I Was Here and had a brief discussion of how each of us can leave our mark on someone else's life. I shared with them the mark that they have left on me and that no matter what the level of work was, every one who has worked through Tubman's doors in the last 7 years has left some sort of mark. I of course cried while we were talking about this, which made some of the residents cry as well. I thought saying good bye to staff would be hard, but saying good bye to my clients was really hard.

Now on to the big news................
The Shade Tree called shortly after I arrived home from work to let me know that have a position open and that they would like me to come in for a face to face meeting. It sounds as if the position is in Victim Advocacy, which I love, but it is only 30 hours. Seeing that I will be contracted and consulting for Tubman, 30 hours will work okay for a few months. I have a meeting with The Shade Tree on April 1. Every phone call from them has been super uplifting and makes me even more excited for the move to Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment