Thursday, April 8, 2010

Courage

Courage, also known as bravery, fortitude, will, balls, and intrepidity, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, Death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

Do I have courage?? I didn't think so. I was told before the move by many people, and more importantly, many people who are important to me, that I had a ton of courage to actually make the move. Well I am finally starting to to believe them. It does take courage to change your entire life. This change is great, I feel great about it, which is most important. I had explained that one reason for the move was my health with dealing with the Fibromylagia. I am in the middle of my first flare up since being in Vegas. I knew it was coming, I started having a lot of pain before Angie even left, but since she knows how stubborn I am, I was trying to not show her how much pain. I am to the point that walking and moving is difficult. But even with this, it is going way better than how it went at home. My pain is much more controlled. I think it must take courage to deal with this type of illness as well. But with that being said, it is time to lay back down and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment