Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Settling In

I am now all alone in this big shiny city. Angie went home this evening. I knew it would be weird once I was here alone. And I am not really alone- I have my dad and Maureen- but no one my age. I have not yet seen Michael or Josh. I am trying to connect with their mom in order to make everything a smooth transition. Michael was gonna give her my number tonight so that she can make a move.

Today was my first hard day, besides Angie going home, I talked to my mom, Steve and Allan. I found out from my mom that Josh was asking about me. I don't really know how I feel about that. He wouldn't give me enough respect before I left to talk to me so why does it matter how I am doing now. Maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder. Speaking of that, I miss Allan a ton. I can not wait for him to come visit, but I know it will be a while before that happens.

I start working on Monday, and I am excited to start meeting people. It's hard being somewhere when you know no one. But this is what I wanted. I wanted away from everyone and everything, so I need make the best out of the situation, even on the bad days. This was still the right thing for me to do.

1 comment: