Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My "Vegas Has Gone Country" Weekend

So this past weekend was full of fun and there was so much to do since the Academy of Country Music Awards were being held in Vegas. It would be hard to put into words, everything that happened this weekend and just how much fun it really was. But I will try to give you a recap.

Saturday night- Miranda Lambert free concert on Freemont Street. I think the best thing about this concert was meeting Bobby 'Idaho'. We got along way too well- so it just seemed natural for us to spend the night at the concert drinking together. He said he wanted to get together Sunday night because he was leaving on Monday- but Sunday was my day with my brothers- so no Bobby 'Idaho' for me Sunday.


Professional Bull Riders World Cup- Saturday afternoon/evening. Team USA was a group of super hot guys in cowboy hats. Who wouldn't want to sit and watch them for a few hours?!?!

Front row for The Band Perry on Friday Night.....and I swear the Perry brothers were the cutest guys around on Friday night. The show was free and AMAZING!! The only people in front of me are those who have photographer passes.


Emily West free concert on Friday night- She played before The Band Perry. I had heard a song or two of hers before, but never knew who she was until this night. It was still light when we got there.

I wasn't quite as lucky for the Lady Antebellum concert on Friday night. This was the big kick-off of the weekend. Maureen and I did manage to find a garbage can to sit/stand on. I wasn't able to get a good picture because I was smart and was using my phone camera this night. There were tons of people by this point.


So the lessons I learned this weekend:
- almost all of the guys you meet downtown are tourists.
- FREEMONT STREET IS AMAZING and my new favorite place.
- alcohol is cheap in Vegas, especially if you buy it at the Freemont Street liquor store instead of the bar.
- and that you truly are missing out if you have never experienced the Freemont Street laser show.


So when you come to visit, just know we will spend at least one night doing the Freemont Street Experience.....

No comments:

Post a Comment