Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dear _________,

I don't understand how you were able to hurt me so bad. I don't understand why I became so insane when I was around you. And the thing that boggles me even more, is that you weren't anything but a normal guy next door. When I fell in love with you, I fell hard. Way harder than I ever should have allowed myself. I think that I just trusted you too much. You promised me that you would never do anything to hurt me, but yet you managed to hurt me more than anyone I have ever dated.

When I started planning my move to Vegas, everyone said that I was running away. And hearing that was hard, because I knew that that was part of the reason I was coming here. But as the planning kept going, I got more excited about starting new. But I still hate that starting new was what I needed to do to escape you.

I saw your picture today and it made me cry. I finally was able to say to you what I have wanted to say forever, and trust me I will never forgive you for that. It's your fault that the one thing that could cause me pain by leaving Minnesota got to the point that it did. And the sad thing is that you don't even know what I am talking about. There were so many times that I just wanted to scream it at you to see if you even cared, but I don't think you would have.

I was sad on Valentine's Day, but then you called. Did I want to hang out? Of course I did, I was still in love with you. That night was a good night, and the beginning of me getting over you. When you said that it made you feel good to know that you affected me the way you did, was the moment that I realized just how selfish you really were.

I wasn't the only one that made the relationship move faster than we wanted, you played part in that too. We both discovered and did things that we have never done before and we both loved every minute of it. Was this the reason that you leaving was so hard, or was I really that in love with you? I don't know the answer. One thing I do know is that every other relationship I have ever been in, things went bad before it ended. We had one fight that you blew out of proportion and you were WAY to selfish to even consider what I was saying. I heard everything you said that night, but did you hear one thought that I had. I don't think so.

Yes, I still miss you and for some odd reason I still am in love with you. But you know what else, YES my move to Vegas was the right step for my life right now. I knew the struggles that I would experience would be here, but for some reason they are easier for me to jump over than you were. But again, the one thing that pains me the most I can not forgive you for. I hate that even when we are done, you can still continue to hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment