Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Today.....

So of course, as soon as I write about The Shade Tree not calling me, I get the call. Nicole called and said, "We would like to move forward with you!" These were the best words I have heard since I have been to Vegas.

This morning I got up and everyone was still sleeping, so I left the house by myself, for almost the first time in a week and a half. I was in search for the Southern Nevada Housing and Redevelopment Authority to turn in a job application. This application took a few hours to complete and the job pays way more than the one I got- but I think I will stick with The Shade Tree. It's what I know and I know that I am good at it.

The stars were just taking time to align today. I text messages an old co-worker, Melissa, about putting her as a reference on applications. We went back and fourth and I said something about needing a job- wouldn't you know it was within 5 minutes that the call came.

Angie and I spent the rest of the day going to The Shade Tree to fill out paperwork for a background check and then getting my drug test done. I start the job on Monday and will work days for the first two weeks before moving to 2nd shift. I have never really worked a 2nd shift, but having the days free in a place that is so beautiful will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment