Friday, April 2, 2010

The Shade Tree


Today I had my meeting/interview with The Shade Tree. I sent a letter and resume to them in January expressing interest in working for their agency once I moved to Vegas. I completed a phone interview with them about a month ago at which time they stated they didn't have any open positions, but that they couldn't pass up talking with me due to my background and experience in the field. Shortly before my move date, I received another call from them saying that a position in Victim Advocacy had opened up- at which time we set up the meeting for today.


I should know by the end of tomorrow whether I get the position or not. I feel like things went well during the meeting. They asked a few clarifying questions that we had not yet discussed. But the bad thing is that I had no questions for them. Their HR staff took me on a tour of the building and explained different parts of the shelter and programming, as well as a few special grants they had received. I had no questions for two reasons- one being that she explained things really well and the second reason is that their programming to a point mirrors that which I worked with at Tubman so I knew what she was talking about.


This agency would be the perfect position for me in the social service field. The position is only 30 hours at this time, working Tuesday to Saturday from 4-10 pm. I haven't worked a second shift position since college so that would be a change, but considering that I am living in the town that never sleeps it really doesn't matter what hours I work. When they took me on the tour of the building, they spoke as if I already had the position by saying things like this is where you would work and this is who your supervisor would be, but then at the end as I was being walked out she mentioned that there were some other applicants and they would be calling people tomorrow. So I am anxiously awaiting to hear from them. Cross your fingers for me because I want to work there more than anywhere else that I have applied. No other agency has such a similar mission as Tubman- which I truly believed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment